Human Resources Assistant
The Human Resources Assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day
operations of the Human Resources functions and duties. The Human Resources
Assistant will be responsible for department filing & eFiles, updating various logs,
updating or creating forms as needed, working on various HR projects, will be a
backup to Receptionist and Office Services. Will assist with Company events and
decorating the office for Holidays.
The Human Resources Assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Human
Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high
performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and
standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a
superior workforce. The Human Resources Assistant helps with the
implementation of services, policies, and programs through HR staff; reports to
HR Generalist II. To perform the Human Resources assistant job successfully,
and individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
Essential Functions and Duties
• Must be able to efile daily.
• Scans documents, labels accurately and files appropriately documents into
ePersonnel or eConfidential files, eEEO file and eI9 file (and binders). Will
need to create efiles for new hires.
• Will need to move terminated efiles into the appropriate term year
including the EEO and I9 efiles and binder.
• Prepares and maintains general HR Department files by scanning and
eFiling into the HR Drive appropriate folders.
• Audits and enters all Job Files for regular hires on appropriate Affirmative
• Sorts department mail and faxes; dates stamp and distributes to HR and
• Codes department invoices and scans copies into HR Drive and submits to
Accounts Payable for processing.
• Tracks purchases for HR and enters costs to the budget as requested.
• Emails candidates offer letter, background check forms and drug screen
information as requested and follows up with candidates until completion.
• Once offer letter and background forms are received, processes the
background checks and tracks drug screen results. Reviews daily to
completion. Any issues should be addressed with HR Leadership.
• Enters I9 on eVerify and tracks to completion.
• Participates in HR staff meetings and attends other meetings and
seminars as necessary and to represent the department.
• Backup to main Receptionist as needed. This includes handling all regular
Reception duties: visitors/guests, sorting mail, receiving packages, etc.
• Cross trained in Office Services to process mail and FedEx, deliveries of
any kind, calling for repairs, ordering supplies, gift cards, prizes, etc.
• Assists with company events, planning and/or catering lunches.
• Assists with decorating the building for Holidays.
• Must be able work overtime as required.
• Adheres specifically to all company policies and procedures, Federal and
State regulations, and laws.
• Display dedication to position responsibilities and achieve assigned goals
• Always represent the Company in a professional manner and appearance.
• Understand and internalize the Company’s purpose.
• Display loyalty to the Company and its organizational values.
• Display enthusiasm and dedication to learning how to be more effective on
the job and share knowledge with others.
• Work effectively with co-workers, internal and external customers and
others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listen to
and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others; keep
commitments; keep others informed of work progress, timetables, and
issues; address problems and issues constructively to find mutually
acceptable and practical business solutions; address others by name, title,
or other respectful identifier, and; respect the diversity of our work force
in actions, words, and deeds.
• Comply with the policies and procedures stated in the Injury and Illness
Prevention Program by always working in a safe manner and immediately
reporting any injury, safety hazard, or program violation.
• Ensure conduct is consistent with all Compliance Program Policies and
procedures when engaging in any activity on behalf of the company.
Immediately report any concerns or violations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Sociology, Psychology, or similar
• Keep all matters confidential in order to protect the company.
• General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
• It is critical that this individual has the ability to handle sensitive
situations and information and maintain appropriate professionalism and
confidentiality at all times.
• Must employ excellent judgment and professionalism.
• At least two (2) years of experience in Human Resources.
• Previous experience working in a distribution or manufacturing setting.
• Previous experience in health care setting a plus.
• Must have strong organizational skills.
• Must have a detail orientation and the proven ability to prioritize work.
• Must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and as part of a
• Sound decision-making abilities
• Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
• Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and rearrange
priorities as necessary.
• Ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and
PHR or SHRM Certification preferred
Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or
fingers. Must have the ability to view a computer screen for long periods and the
ability to sit for extended periods. Must have the ability to work the hours and
days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled.
Must have the ability to lift and maneuver items of at least 35 lbs. Must have the
ability to travel occasionally. Working condition include normal office setting.
Learning, thinking, concentration and the ability to work under pressure,
particularly during busy times. Must be able to pay close attention to detail and
be able to work as a member of a team to ensure excellent customer service.
Must have the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and customers, and
exercise self-control and diplomacy in customer and employee relations’
situations. Must have the ability to exercise discretion as well as appropriate
judgments when necessary. Must be proactive in finding solutions.
FFF Enterprises/ NuFactor is an equal opportunity employer to all and prohibits
discrimination and harassment based on the following characteristics: race,
color, caste, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming
practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability,
medical condition (including cancer and genetic conditions), genetic information,
marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related
medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years
and over), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, medical leave or other
types of protected leave (requesting or approved for leave under the Family and
Medical Leave Act or any state protected leaves), domestic violence victim status,
political affiliation, reproductive health decision-making, and any other
characteristic protected by state or federal anti-discrimination law covering
employment. These categories are defined according to Government Code section
12920. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception
that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who
has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Administrative