Medical Front Office Receptionist
Busy Internal Medicine practice with exciting new opportunities! Fun, fast-paced environment with a great team!
Responsible for patient intake, greeting and registering patients, verification of insurance eligibility and benefits, payment collection, scheduling appointments and answering patient in-person and telephone questions in a professional manner.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Promptly answers incoming calls, screening and routing appropriately; takes detailed, accurate messages, retrieves messages, and accurately distributes accordingly
- Inputs demographics and insurance information and schedules appointments per established guidelines
- Confirms appointments, cancels appointments, and reschedules appointments
- Maintains knowledge of computer scheduling functions, using proper registration protocols with all patients, editing existing patient data, and utilizing proper visit types
- Maintains knowledge of all providers’ schedules and restrictions
- Greets patients and visitors to the medical office and obtains all required information
- Checks patient out at the end of visit as per office procedures
- Responsible for collecting payments from patients, posting payment in the EMR system, maintaining money drawer, balancing and turning in completed batch
- Oversees the front area for cleanliness, safety and continuous awareness of visitors, alerting supervisors of any issues
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of providers, facility locations, facility personnel, etc.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures found in the employee handbook
Job Type: Full-time
Email resume to email@example.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""