American Medical Response
Ambulance / Emergency Services CPR / First Aid Instruction
Providing care to the world at a moment's notice:
As part of the Global Medical Response family of companies, we are committed to our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services in the United States, the District of Columbia and around the world. GMR was formed by combining the industry leaders in air, ground, managed medical transportation, and community, industrial/specialty and wildland fire services. Each of our companies have long histories of proudly serving the communities where we live: American Medical Response (AMR), Rural Metro Fire, Air Evac Lifeteam, REACH Air Medical Services, Med-Trans Corporation, AirMed International and Guardian Flight.
Our national reach and extensive experience allow us to deliver a wide range of services to communities nationwide, from managing entire emergency medical systems to private-public partnerships that best serve an area's needs.
We are focused on:
- Improving the patient experience of care.
- Improving the health of populations.
- Reducing the per capita cost of health care.
As part of a commitment to educate citizens about important safety situations and precautions, AMR has adopted the national Stop the Bleed campaign and has committed resources to training local citizens about measures that can save lives during traumatic incidents. Our teams have also trained more than 350,000 people nationally in compression-only CPR, which means that many more people have a better chance of surviving sudden cardiac arrest.
History of AMR - Creating the nation's leading ambulance service:
- AMR was founded in 1992 when several regional ambulance providers consolidated into a single company.
- AMR was created in response to changes in health care reimbursement, the demands of new technology and the growth of managed care plans, which created a need to build a larger provider network.
- AMR expanded in 1997 when it merged with Med Trans, making it the largest ambulance service provider in the U.S.
- In 2005, AMR and Onex Partners L.P. purchased AMR and its sister company, EmCare, from Laidlaw International.
- AMR expanded its lines of service with a new international EMS division in 2005 with the formation of Global Medical Response (GMR).
- AMR acquired Air Ambulance Specialists (AASI) in 2006. AASI changed its name to AMR Air Ambulance (AMR Air). AMR Air arranges domestic and international fixed-wing air ambulance service. With this acquisition, AMR now offers a full spectrum of ground and air-based emergency medical transportation options.
- In 2015, AMR acquired Rural Metro and Rural Metro Fire. The acquisition allowed us to expand our services to include commercial and industrial fire and safety.
- Our former parent company, Envision Healthcare, sold AMR to KKR in early 2018. In March of 2018, AMR became part of Global Medical Response, the largest medical transportation company in the world.
Business Hours : Open 24 Hours